Dear Stephen,
I’m taking 25 mg zinc picolinate in a supplement with 2.5 mg copper added, per your collagenous tissue protocol for lyme. I just discovered that my calcium supplement contains 10 mg zinc (as monomethionate), and my daily multivitamin contains 15 mg of zinc (as zinc sulfate). This totals 50 mg of zinc, though in different forms. I’ve read that too much zinc is toxic and, with lyme, I’ve got more toxicity than I can handle. Am I getting too much zinc?


Stephen’s response:
Too much zinc can be toxic however I am never sure how to answer this question as an order of oysters can contain considerably more than the toxic dose. In general I would try to keep it under 45 mg daily.
Stephen
share and enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Print
  • PDF
  • email
  • RSS